To celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week (which is May 6-10), we thought we’d take a look at what businesses are doing to show teachers a little love. Most of the Teacher Appreciation campaigns we’ve seen this year, fall into one of three categories- discounts, freebies, and cause marketing partnerships.
Some stores and restaurants only offer a teacher discount once a year, either for the whole week, or just on Teacher Appreciation Day, which falls on May 7th this year. Other companies, like Jo-Ann’s, generously offer teacher discounts year-round, and sweeten the pot for Teacher Appreciation Week with an even deeper discount than usual. Teacher Appreciation Month is also a terrific time to launch a brand new every day teacher discount, like The Hook Up Bar and Restaurant in Biloxi, MS is doing this month. Take a look at who is offering discounts this month.
- Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts Stores: Save 20% with a Teacher Rewards card through May 11 for Teacher Appreciation Week.
- The Hook Up Bar and Restaurant: As a small token of appreciation for their hard work and dedication, The Hook Up’s new teacher discount is coming in May.
- Fun Spot: Celebrate Teacher Appreciation week with $5 deals for 5 days in May.
- Dressbarn: In addition to a 20% discount off their entire purchase, on Teacher Appreciation Day, Tuesday, May 7, teachers will be pampered with personal attention and fashion tips as they shop.
- New York and Company: All teachers are eligible for a 30% discount in stores through May 8 when they show valid ID. Continue reading