You may visit the SheerID web site without disclosing any personally identifiable information.
If you wish to subscribe, we may request such personal information as name, title, company, physical address, phone number, fax number, e-mail address, primary language preference, informational preferences, topics of interest, etc. This is all kept strictly confidential. SheerID will not request more information than is reasonably necessary to provide requested information or services. SheerID assumes all information will be true, accurate, current, non-misleading, consistent and relevant.
Unless otherwise indicated, the names and e-mail addresses provided on “e-mail a friend” forms will be used only to forward the message to the intended recipient and to notify the intended recipient of the sender. The recipient’s e-mail address is not stored unless registration information is received.
- A “cookie” is a small file that your web browser places on your computer’s hard drive to store important data. A cookie cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. Cookies save you time by enabling your browser to keep track of information such as passwords and account information. In most cases, the cookies that we use will expire after 365 days. In some instances, such as the online job application, the cookies expire as soon as you close your browser.
- Rejecting cookies: You have the option of setting your browser to reject cookies. In most cases, if you do not accept the cookie you are still able to use the site. Please note, however, that by not accepting cookies, you will limit the functionality we can provide you when you visit this site.
We provide the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from SheerID at the point where we request information about you and in each instance when you receive material from us. If you have difficulty in opting-out in this manner, please visit e-mail email@example.com and provide your name, e-mail address and subscription you wish to cancel.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We have measures in place to protect your personally identifiable information. Our employees are made aware of these measures when they start working at SheerID. Any time there is a change in security measures, all employees are notified of the change.
This site may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, feedback forms, web logs / “blogs”, news groups and / or other public messaging forums available to its users. Please remember any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
SheerID respects your right to privacy. We have a strict policy of not selling or trading or any another other way sharing our customers’ email addresses and we are completely anti-spam.
SheerID will use personally identifiable data to communicate special promotions, events and announcements. This information may be used for the purpose of providing you with products or services you have requested, servicing you, improving our services, developing and/or informing you of additional products or services provided by SheerID. Should you wish not to receive promotional material from SheerID, you are offered the option to opt-out from future communications.
Please note that we do not knowingly solicit information from children and we do not knowingly market our products and services to children.
SheerID uses clear gif images on our site. These images are small clear images that can’t actually be seen on the site, thus making them invisible.
These images are used for three purposes:
- We use the images for spacing and page layout on the page. This helps the page be more readable and attractive.
- We use the images to help with our stats provider to track users movements throughout the site. This tracking is not personally identifiable, so each user’s data is anonymous. We use this information to improve our site for our visitors by changing navigation and site structure to let users more easily find what they’re looking for.
- We use the image in HTML e-mails to alert us that a user has opened the e-mail. This is used as a tracking method only, and again, it is not personally identifiable so users remain anonymous. If you are subscribed to our e-mails and wish to opt-out, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word REMOVE in the message or subject.
SheerID will not disclose to any third party any information or data submitted by Users of this web site, without the User’s prior permission, unless SheerID has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; or (b) protect and defend the rights or property of SheerID.
The data we collect is used in the aggregate to give us demographic information about the entire SheerID. audience in order to improve our products and services. The information you provide — name, address, etc. — allows us to keep you informed about upgrades, products and services of SheerID., its affiliates and other third parties that we believe may be of interest to you. If you are a registered user of one of our products, we will only send information regarding your product or any assistance you require. We do not send our newsletter automatically: you will only receive it if you specifically register for it. We only share aggregate information (i.e. number of users, referral URLs, etc.) — not individual data — with our advertisers to help them better understand our services and to monitor the reach of their advertising.
The data we collect from users who sign up for our affiliate program is used to correspond regarding the affiliate program, to send checks for affiliate payments, to initiate bank transfers for affiliate payments, to send email updates regarding the affiliate program, and to send evaluation products to affiliate program members. We communicate with our users only if you buy a product, sign up for our newsletter, or sign up for our free membership to use one of our planning tools. In each case, you will receive our monthly newsletter. If you buy a product, you will receive a confirmation email, and have the choice if you’d like to receive further product offer emails. If you sign up for our free membership, you will receive a login information email, and future product offer emails.
Users have the opportunity to opt-out from receiving these emails by directly replying to the email stating that they wish to opt-out, or by emailing email@example.com
SheerID.com also links to a wide variety of other sites. We are not responsible for their privacy policies or how they treat information about their users, however, we do encourage you to review their privacy policies. We do not provide these sites with your information.
SheerID, Inc. uses reasonable precautions to keep the personal information disclosed to us secure. However, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties which receive the information.
If you would like to modify, update or delete information that is collected through ordering, or registration please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Disclaimer: We may disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on our website.
If you have questions, we can be reached by email at email@example.com
Effective Date: 09/06/11