Say "Thank You" this Memorial Day
It seems like every year Memorial Day plans are made well in advance in order to make the most of the glorious three-day weekend involving friends and family, a BBQ, or maybe even a little get away. While it’s almost time to start thinking about the menu you’ll serve, it’s also time to start thinking about your company’s strategy for getting customers in your door and on your website this holiday weekend.
Memorial Day is the perfect time for brands to connect with their military customers and the best way to thank, acknowledge, and remember those who have served our country. One of the best ways to honor the military community and get your brand on their radar is through offering military discounts. In a survey taken by SheerID, military members expressed their thoughts about receiving exclusive discounts, here’s what they had to say:
- 94.7% said they are more likely to shop with a company that offers a military discount
- 86% of military members like companies that offer special military discounts on appreciation days and holidays.
- 75.4% said that they would use a military discount way more if it were available to use during an online shopping experience.
- 81.3% of military members said they hear about military offers from word of mouth.
- 94% of present and past military personnel state that they notice when companies are “military friendly” and have a positive impression of those companies.
It’s clear that the military community wants more military discounts, but did you know offering an exclusive discounts also has numerous benefits to your company as well? Offering a military discount connects your brand with a target market of over 30 million consumers that have a $1 trillion purchasing power annually. Connecting with the military market will help to create a positive impression and buzz within the military community and even improve the impression your brand has on those outside of the military. That’s one reason companies like Costco and the PGA Tour extend exclusive special offers to the military community. They also protect their offers through SheerID to eliminate discount fraud and to make sure that their military discount remains exclusive to only members of the military community. To learn more about how you can protect your exclusive offers contact SheerID.
Help SheerID and hundreds of other companies say thank you to all of the military members in our country this memorial day through offering an exclusive discount.
Photo Credit: Flickr User Timo Kohlenberg