SheerID Celebrates Veterans Day with Deals for Those Who Have Served
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Fifteen brands partner with SheerID to salute the service of current and former members of the Armed Forces
Eugene, OR – November 6, 2013 – SheerID, a leader in eligibility verification technology, has teamed up with retailers like Guitar Center and The Buckle to launch new discounts and offers on everything from apparel to backpacks to motorcycle gear this Veterans Day. “Veterans Day is a time to show our appreciation to those who have fought, and are currently fighting, to protect our freedoms,” says Jake Weatherly, CEO of SheerID. “Retailers want to recognize service with deep, exclusive offers.” SheerID’s verification platform makes it possible for retailers to gate their offers and to give their customers a better user experience. “It’s important to us to keep the online shopping experience simple for our customers, but we also need to be confident that only qualified military personnel can redeem our coupon codes,” explains Jerica Howard, Vice President of Sales at Ivar. “Now that we’re working with SheerID, we can honor all veterans, active military members, and their families by offering online discounts and free shipping on our unique, comfortable Ivar backpacks.” To be verified by SheerID and redeem the following discounts online, active duty military only need to provide their first name, last name, and date of birth. Veterans, retirees, and military family members may be required to supply some additional information, and some retailers may also require an email address and branch of service.
- Guitar Center: 10% off at Guitar Center, no minimum purchase for veterans, reservists and Guard, active duty military and their dependents.
- The Buckle: 10% off clothing brands like OBEY, Fossil, Hurley, Puma, and Oakley for veterans, reservists, active duty personnel, and their dependents. Customers must create a Buckle account and log in before their military status can be verified.
- Ivar: 25% off ergonomic backpacks and free shipping for current and former military.
- McGladrey Classic, Birdies for the Brave: Veterans + 1 guest are eligible for discounted, $25 general admission grounds access only tickets to this PGA TOUR event, Thursday-Sunday 11/7/13-11/10/13.
- Red Envelope: $10 to spend on unique gifts for every occasion. Veterans, active duty military, reservists and Guard, and military family members are eligible for this exclusive offer.
- Art.com: 35% off artwork with a purchase of $30 or more for veterans, reservists, active duty military, and spouses. Art.com provides easy access to incredible art images and top-notch craftsmanship.
- Shari’s Berries: $10 to spend on gourmet hand-dipped berries, cookies, cakes, and chocolates. Veterans, active duty military, reservists and Guard, and military family members are eligible for this exclusive offer.
- AXO: 30% off motorcycle and motocross lifestyle apparel, footwear, and gear for veterans, active duty service members, retired military, and reservists. Customers must create an AXO account or log in to take advantage of this special offer.
- Cherry Moon Farms: $10 to spend on fruit baskets, gift baskets, and spa gifts. Veterans, active duty military, reservists and Guard, and military family members are eligible for this exclusive offer.
- Aeroprecision: 10% off firearm components for veterans, active duty personnel, reservists and first responders. The discount is applied to check out in the online shopping cart.
- Personalized Creations: $10 to spend on personalized gifts. Veterans, active duty military, reservists and Guard, and military family members are eligible for this exclusive offer.
- Auto Carrier Group: $50 off auto transport for veterans, active duty military, and their dependents.
- ProFlowers: $10 to spend on flower arrangements and gifts. Veterans, active duty military, reservists and Guard, and military family members are eligible for this exclusive offer.
- ProPlants: $10 to spend on orchids, bonsai, and other plants. Veterans, active duty military, reservists and Guard, and military family members are eligible for this exclusive offer.
- Shindigz: 20% off on party supplies for veterans and active duty military. If military spouses log into their soldiers’ accounts, they can also receive the discount. Enter the code SMTPD in the promotional code box at checkout.
These brands join the ranks of other companies like Costco, Fathead, Armed Forces Eyewear, and Traeger Grills, and Shindigz, who use SheerID’s verification platform to keep their military discounts exclusive. Shindigz has experienced such success with the military discount they offered this year to active duty military and post-1985 veterans that they have decided to open up the offer to all veterans this year. “We wanted to offer our U.S. military a special discount on all of our Party Supplies to thank them, in some small way, for the freedoms we enjoy because of the jobs they do,” states Jacquie Downey, Director of Sales and Marketing at Shindigz.com. “Working with SheerID to verify online the military member is so seamless and quick.” For a list of more military discounts that are verified by SheerID, visit http://www.sheerid.com/deals-sheerid-protects/military/. Follow @SheerID on Twitter or Facebook at www.facebook.com/SheerIDdotcom.
SheerID is the creator of the technology used to transform existing, protected private data into an omnichannel service that benefits commercial enterprises and the public, while still keeping the information safe and secure. By acting as a bridge between secure databases, SheerID allows commercial enterprises to accurately, instantly verify whether or not their customer qualifies for a special offer like student, active duty military, veteran, first responder, or teacher offers – protecting the exclusivity of the offer and eliminating fraud. SheerID’s verification services can be configured for any e-commerce website, internal customer sales/support system, mobile application, or POS. For more information on SheerID’s military verification solutions, call 855-SheerID to speak directly to a representative, email info(at)sheerid(dot)com, or visit http://www.sheerid.com/we-verify-for-you/
Justin Nunez LEWIS PR for SheerID 619 677 2700 [email protected]
“Motorcyclists’ safety is a major concern not just for AXO, but also for the military. We are always concerned about our soldiers being at the front in hot areas around the world, but we tend to forget that a motorcyclist without the right equipment is in greater danger at home. That is why, giving preferential pricing to the people that defend our freedom is the minimum we could do to protect our heroes and say thank you” Nicola Serragiotto, VP at AXO “We can’t thank our military guests enough for their continued service in protecting our country and way of life. We are honored to offer a military discount on our merchandise, as this is just one way we can express our sincere gratitude for all they do.” Lori Cody, Director of Marketing at The Buckle, Inc.