Dorm life – one of the many exciting new adventures that comes with going to college. Not to brag, but when I moved into the dorms my freshman year of college, I had the cutest dorm room ever – or at least in my hall! It’s not an easy task to fully decorate a room that is only 136 square feet, in which I only occupied half of, but I was able to do it with a little help from my favorite store, Target. Target has anything you could ever need and more, the best part being that it’s all at great prices. Every time I go in to the store looking for one thing and leave with bags – please tell I’m not the only one who does that?
While I love Target all year round, here’s my top 5 reasons to shop at Target for all your dorm essentials:
- Even when you are furnishing and decorating such a small space it can be overwhelming to figure out what you need to create the perfect living space. Luckily, Target is one step ahead of you to help this shopping experience be a little less overwhelming. Before you face the stores, download Target’s “College Checklist.” It’s the perfect guide for students living in the dorms or those choosing to live in an apartment somewhere else on campus. While you may not need everything on the list, it provides a great mix of essential items and items that are perfect to make your new space feel a little more like home. Before you purchase any of electronic products in the “pig out” section, make sure to check with your schools dorm office that items like toaster ovens and microwaves are allowed.
- Well, now that you’ve filled out the awesome checklist, you still have the daunting task of going to the store to find the items. Again, Target has already figured out how to make purchasing your items fun and easy. Once “Back-to-School” promotions are going on, it is easy to spot the “RE: Rooms Essentials” section in every Target store. During August and September they even have the main dorm items displayed along the main aisles of the stores making it even easier to run in and find any last minute items you may need. If you don’t have a Target in your area or you just prefer to shop online, don’t worry, Target has that figured out as well. Their college shop is on the front page and extremely easy to navigate. Since you’re going to want all the products it shouldn’t be hard to spend $50+, so make sure you take advantage of the free shipping when you spend at least $50. Target also offers $10 off when you spend $50+, so make sure you enter the code DECOR10 at checkout.
- One of the coolest features of Target’s back-to-school deals is the student registry. To get started all you have to do is use your target.com account and start tagging the items you want. It’s the perfect way to hint to mom and dad about what you might want. While gifts can be purchased both online and in stores, your college registry can only be managed online and can only be printed from home. The Target wedding and baby registry kiosks do not manage this information, so make sure you remind anyone who you send the registry to. My favorite part of the college registry is that you get a discount for using it. Once you spend $50 online, on select bed, bath & décor items, you can use the promo code COLLEGE at checkout and save $10. Sweet deal, right?
- Another awesome feature of Target’s online back-to-school deals is the bundling option. They currently have 9 bundle packages that cover necessities ranging from your closet, bathroom and bedding to tabletop and Keurig Coffee Brewers, just to name a few. Not only does the bundle save you up to 10% on the items you are purchasing but it’s super easy. For example, when you click on the “Bedding for Her Create Your Own Bundle,” it gives you the options to choose your comforter, sheets, a blanket, mattress pad, shams and a pillow all on one page. Literally all you have to do is click add to the pattern or product you like best, so if you hate shopping it’s the perfect way to order your items pain-free.
- The absolute best part of shopping for all your dorm needs at Target, is that they have everything in one place. There is nothing worse than having a list of everything you need, but every item is from a different store. Whether you need décor, kitchen products, electronics, school supplies or even a new bike, Target probably has it. Good luck trying to only buy the things you have on your list!
If you want a few ideas on how to put together an adorable dorm room, make sure you check out Target’s new YouTube video, Best Year Ever 2014.
So, if you’re not already sold on shopping at Target for your back-to-school dorm supplies, you’ll just have to go check out the store or look online for yourself – have fun!