Student Support Page
I’m a college student: do I qualify for this offer?
The eligibility criteria is provided by Spotify and requests are processed by SheerID based on these requirements.
To learn more about Spotify’s academic eligibility requirements*
I’m a college student trying to verify for Spotify: where do I start?
Follow this link to begin the student verification process.
My school does not appear on the list provided. How do I get it added to the list so I can qualify for the Spotify Premium Student offer?
SheerID will review the request and add schools to the program based on criteria provided by Spotify. A few things to note depending on whether or not your school is located in the US:
For Non-US academic organizations:
- Request to add a school via this form. Your school must be a degree-granting program to be considered for approval. Because of the process to research and approve international organizations, the wait time may take up to 30 days. To check on the status of your school approval, please return to the “add a school” form.
- Note: if you are unable to submit your school to the “add a school” form, this indicates that your school is already under consideration.
For academic organizations based within the United States:
- We are not accepting requests to add US schools as use of the Premium Student offer is only open to students at US Title IV accredited higher education institutions in the US who meet additional qualifications described within Spotify’s Terms & Conditions.
I was asked to upload a document to verify I am a Student. What type of documentation is required?
Please upload a school-issued document, issued in the last 3 months, that clearly shows you’re currently enrolled in a college or university. The document needs to include your first name, last name, university name, and an issue date from the current academic term, or within the last 3 months. You can upload more than one document, if needed. These can include:
- Official Enrollment Letter from your academic institution (acceptance letters will not be approved)
- Class schedule for the current academic term
- Registration receipt or tuition receipt
- Transcript that shows classes currently in progress
- Other school issued document that displays your first/last name, an issue date from the current term or within the last three months
We strongly suggest covering up or redacting all sensitive information on documentation before uploading it into our system for review.
I submitted a verification form and I haven’t heard back. Where do I follow-up?
- Please check the spam folders of your email and check if you received any updates from the following email addresses:
- If you have not received any updates, please email [email protected] advising as such, and include the name you entered in the verification form and any relevant email address(es).
I know I’m a student, so why was I denied?
- Did you upload a document providing proof?
- Has it been less than 72 hours? Your document might still be pending review.
- Have you received an email from either [email protected] (US) or [email protected] (Non-US) saying your documentation has not been accepted? Please refer back to that email and click on the “TRY AGAIN” button to resubmit. Please make sure the document covers all the requirements as outlined above.
- Was your uploaded document denied multiple times? If you are still unsure why your document was not approved after receiving your email from the SheerID verification team, please email [email protected], include the name you entered in the verification form and any relevant email address(es). and Be sure to explain what document you used and a brief description of what you need clarified.
I have questions regarding Spotify billing or my Spotify account. Can you help me?
SheerID does not have visibility into your Spotify account or billing. For these requests, please visit Spotify support.
*Please note: The student offer is a 50% discount on an Individual subscription, valid for students at university-level institutions. The discount is valid for 12 months from when you verify as an eligible student. You can renew the discount for up to a maximum of 3 additional periods, provided you are able to re-verify every 12 months. You’ll automatically roll onto the Spotify Individual plan if you don’t reverify after the initial 12 months, up to a cap of 4 years total.