When we blogged T-Mobile’s reduced pricing on family lines for back to school earlier this month, we thought the back to school news felt a little wimpy. Thankfully, T-Mobile has come through with a couple new back to school specials that started this week and expire in September.
First, we’ve got a BOGO deal (Buy-One-Get-One) on Samsung Galaxy 4G’s. Buy one Samsung Galaxy 4G device, and get a select Samsung Galaxy 4G smartphone for free.
Next up, you can get $25 in Live Nation Concert Cash, which you can use towards the cost of any Live Nation concert, with the purchase of a Samsung 4G smartphone plus activation of a no annual contract Monthly4G unlimited Talk, Text & Web plan of $50 per month or more. Phew, does that seem very specific to you, too?
Neither of these deals is limited to college students or teachers, they’re not academic discounts, simply back-to-school season special offers.
And of course, you can still take advantage of the family plan offer too.
- We’re glad T-Mobile came through with better offers and more options.
- A free phone is a pretty sweet deal.
- Anyone and everyone qualifies, which is nice for the customer.
- There is a lot of fine print. Read it all to make you understand what you’re getting into, including the contracts.
- Only select phones and devices are available as part of the BOGO offer. For example, you can’t get a free Galaxy S3 when you buy a Galaxy S3 handset even with a new contract.
- There is a mail-in rebate for the BOGO phone deal. Rebates are always kind of a hassle.
T-Mobile, if you ever want to offer exclusive discounts to students or teachers with less fine print and no mail-in rebates, we’re here to help.