It was only a few years ago that we were amazed by the
fact that we could shop online and have an item brought directly to our door in a week or two. But as the world of e-commerce has continued to evolve, we have seen many changes and improvements to this process, due to the sites we love creating an easier and more positive shopping experience. Some of those changes include free shipping and returns, reserving items online to be picked up in-store, and an easier check out process.
Amazon has always been one of the companies who is constantly delivering a positive customer shopping experience. Some of the favorite features on Amazon are:
- Easy navigation and search options around the site, allowing users to quickly find and purchase products, as well as sellers being able to quickly process purchases.
- Content is tailored to each individual user based on customer’s shopping habits
- Related items show users products they might like based on past purchases, searches and views.
- Prices are always compared to MRSP, showing consumers that they are getting the lowest prices.
- Shoppers know ahead of time whether the item they chose comes with Prime shipping or free shipping.
- Easy subscription orders for items you love.
While these features are great, Amazon has recently been in the news for a few other new features they are currently piloting that could revolutionize the way we shop online.